The People Component looks at capability areas of specialist change management training, demonstration of change management principles and practices, and evidence of ongoing professional development of change management principles and practices.
The People Component of Strategy & Leadership Focus Area explores the change management skills and competency of senior leaders and executives. The People Component delves into:
- Delivery of training to senior leaders and executives
- Demonstration of change management competency
- Effectiveness of training in change management methodology
- Availability of ongoing professional development in change management competency
Some things to think about in the Strategy & Leadership Focus Area…
- Are there appropriate change management education and learning opportunities for senior leaders and executives? Are these one-off programs or are change management principles and practices integrated within the leadership capability framework?
- Are senior leaders and executives inducted into projects and change management approach being used for specific a program or projects?
- What coaching support and capability development is available for new project sponsors?
- Are change management principles and practices embedded into the ongoing professional development programs for senior leaders and executives?
- Are senior leaders and executives engaged with the change management community of practice to support their ongoing professional development and the continuous improvement of change management principles and practices?
How does your organisation's capability measure up?
The Peak Change™ Change Management Capability Model is designed to give you a view from the peak.
Explore the key components that support your organisation to build sustainable change management capability.