Process is often the “low hanging fruit” component of growing your change management maturity. There are a lot of resources and international best practice that can be leverages to get the ball rolling.
The Process Component is about creating:
- A standard communication approach about changes in the organisation
- A standard change management methodology
- A standard way of measuring performance of change management activities
- Alignment of change management with organisational strategy
Some things to think about in the Strategy & Leadership Focus Area…
- Are projects leveraging existing communication processes used across the business? Does it make sense to consolidate communication approaches to simplify sending and receiving communication?
- How are your senior leaders and executives involved in the communication approach? Are the messages senior leadership and executive are sending at the right level?
- Does the detail of the change management methodology make sense for the organisation? Is it straight off the shelf or has it been tailored to meet the needs and capability of the organisation?
- Are change management performance measures included in project business cases and have business owner assigned to oversee and drive their realisation during and post project/program go-live?
- Are senior leaders and executives involved in defining effective performance measures for change management activities? Do they defined responsibilities in supporting the outcomes of change management activities impacting their people?
- Are change initiatives being assessed in alignment with the organisational strategy?
Explore the other components of the Strategy & Leadership Focus Area
Tools & Tech
How does your organisation's capability measure up?
The Peak Change™ Change Management Capability Model is designed to give you a view from the peak allowing you to explore key components that support your organisation to build sustainable change management capability.