The Structure Component looks at what is needed to support Process, and Tools & Technology components and their capability areas. It is about ensuring the availability of specialist change management resources and the integration of change management principles and practices into all levels of leaders’ job descriptions. The Structure Component also looks at ensuring there is appropriate budget for change management activities, that the change management methodology is tailored to the organisation and it considers different types, styles and sizes of organisational change initiatives.
Some things to think about in the Change Management Delivery Focus Area…
- Is the change management methodology designed to work for different types, styles and sizes of projects, programs across the portfolio to enable a consistent approach and measurement of change management outcomes?
- Is there a centralised resource pool of specialise change management practitioners?
- Is there a register of skilled change management resources and their availability to work on projects? Does this register account to skills aligned to professional body competency standards?
- Are specialist change management practitioners involved in the project budget scoping process to ensure appropriate budget is allocated for change management activities?
- Are change management principles and practices included in job descriptions for project management practitioners?
Explore the other components of the Change Management Delivery Focus Area
How does your organisation's capability measure up?
The Peak Change™ Change Management Capability Model is designed to give you a view from the peak.
Explore the key components that support your organisation to build sustainable change management capability.