The Structure Component looks at what is needed to support Process, and Tools & Technology components and their capability areas. It is about ensuring the availability of specialist change management resources and change management principles and practices are integrated into all levels of leaders’ job descriptions, ensuring the is appropriate budget for change management activities, the change management methodology is tailored to the organisation and it considers different types, styles and sizes of organisational change initiatives.
Some things to think about in the Strategy & Leadership Focus Area…
- Who owns the change management methodology? Is there an overall executive sponsor of change initiatives? Are they at an appropriate level of seniority to influence an organisational approach to change management?
- Who is ultimately responsible for change management methodology, principles and practices continuous improvement in line with other business and project management methodologies and frameworks?
- Is there a centralised team of change management specialists and who do they report to? How are they allocated to support strategic change outcomes and organisational change capability?
- How are change management activities funded? Is there are a centralised budget? Are change management activities budgeted for as part of project business case development?
- Are change management principles and practices included in senior leaders and executive position descriptions? Are change outcomes included in their key results areas and key performance indicators?
Explore the other components of the Strategy & Leadership Focus Area
How does your organisation's capability measure up?
The Peak Change™ Change Management Capability Model is designed to give you a view from the peak.
Explore the key components that support your organisation to build sustainable change management capability.